723 York Street
- 2 bedrooms, 2 updated bathrooms (one en-suite)
- Detached on 3 sides – flooded with natural light!
- High ceilings and refinished in-laid hardwood floors
- Abundant period details with original moldings, rosettes, wainscoting
- Newer contemporary lighting throughout the home
- Formal living room with decorative fireplace and French doors
- Spacious formal dining room – perfect for dinner parties!
- Updated kitchen with marble counters, recessed lighting, center island
- Enclosed porch off kitchen boasts tall windows, custom shades
- Direct access to small deck and landscaped yard from main level
- Wonderful flagstone patio and drought-resistant native garden
- Bonus room and bath down makes great guest quarters or home office
- 2 car parking – one in the garage and one in the driveway (for smaller cars)
- Abundant storage space in the garage
- New exterior paint; solar panels on the roof
- Amazing walkable/bike-able location! Near fabulous restaurants, cafes and markets
- Easy access to MUNI, tech shuttles and freeway
Welcome to 723 York Street, a gorgeous and historic Stick Victorian house in Mission’s popular 20th St. corridor, ideally situated near a wealth of amazing restaurants and cafes. This very special home, detached on three sides, anchors a row of Gottlieb Knopf painted ladies on a wonderful block. Lovingly updated by its owner while keeping many of the period details intact, the home boasts high ceilings, refinished in-laid hardwood floors, fabulous light and fresh finishes including contemporary lighting throughout.
Enjoy a spacious formal living room with decorative fireplace and formal dining room with charming wainscoting – the perfect place for entertaining friends! The dining room flows nicely to the updated eat-in kitchen that has been modernized with elegant marble countertops, stainless steel appliances, recessed lighting and custom-built marble-top center island. Off the kitchen is a sunny, enclosed porch with big windows, custom shades and door to the deck and flat, landscaped yard. This porch would make a great home office or child’s play space. Two bedrooms, and two updated bathrooms (one en-suite between the two bedrooms) complete this level.
The wonderful yard features a flagstone patio and drought-resistant native garden, ideal for enjoying a sunny afternoon barbecue. Downstairs is newer washer/dryer, two finished bonus rooms and bath, great storage space and spacious one-car garage. Easily park a second smaller car in the driveway! Other perks include a newly painted exterior and solar panels on the roof.
This is a fantastic location within close walking distance of shopping, restaurants and cafes. Stroll to Flour and Water, Southern Pacific, Atlas Café, Farmhouse, El Metate, Salumeria, Central Kitchen, Trick Dog, Slow Club, Local’s Corner, La Tienda, Coffee Bar and Blowfish Sushi, among many others eateries! Gus’s Community Market/Deli is nearby for all your organic produce needs. This location is also convenient to public transportation, high tech shuttles and 101/280 freeway access.